Gardens and Grounds Admission, including the Frances Stevens Reese Woodland Trail of Discovery
Fridays through Mondays | 9:00am - sunset
$12 Adult | $10 Senior | $6 Child (ages 5-18)
Free to healthcare workers (click HERE), members, library pass holders, and children under age 5
Discounts for Veterans
Boscobel offers a limited number of reserved tickets for outdoor access to 68 acres of our gardens and grounds. Enjoy a stroll or picnic on our Great Lawn, with Boscobel’s unparalleled view of the Hudson River, Constitution Marsh, and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
Also on our grounds, the Frances Stevens Reese Woodland Trail of Discovery offers hikers a tranquil mile through the forest, with river views. (Please wear sturdy shoes and bring bug spray.) The Apple Orchard, Formal Garden, and Herb Garden feature fruit trees and plants prized by New Yorkers then and now. And the Hudson River School Artists Garden, with sculptures by Greg Wyatt, honors 19th-century painters who celebrated this region.
While you’re on the grounds (or at home!), enjoy our Virtual Tour of Boscobel.
Coming with kids? The Boscobel Activity Booklet—full of pictures, information, and activities—is simple to use, fun to follow, and can be picked up as you enter or downloaded HERE before your visit. The booklet will guide you into the gardens, walk you around the grounds, and lead you along the woodland trail, all the while encouraging you and your family to discover the wonders that make Boscobel your special place for history, design, and nature.
- Advance reservations are encouraged. You may book tickets for time slots via the button on this page. (Healthcare workers, please make your reservations for free respite visits HERE
- Guests must check in at the gate or ticket window upon arrival to display or pick up their admissions pass.
- The grounds, gardens, and Woodland Trail will be open.
- All buildings are closed to the public, with the exception of the ADA/family bathroom outside the Visitor Center.
- Masks are required in the bathroom and for select programs, on a program-by-program basis.
- Picnicking is welcome; guests must carry out everything that they carry in.
- Pets are not permitted at Boscobel.
- Boscobel staff are performing critical maintenance and security functions on the grounds. Please give them plenty of space.
SEASON PASS, LIBRARY PASS, ARTIST PASS
In addition to daily grounds tickets, guests may purchase a Season Pass, which grants admission to our property—including gallery exhibitions as scheduled—for 1-4 visitors every day Boscobel is open to the public.
Boscobel offers all local libraries the opportunity to join our Library Pass Program. Please check with your local library to inquire about its participation in the program. Library representatives may purchase a pass HERE. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach us at 845-265-3638 or via our Contact page.
With a free Artist Pass, artists are welcome to engage in active art-making on Boscobel’s grounds on select dates each month. Simply sign up with the button above, and you will receive email notification about upcoming Artist Pass dates. With the purchase of a membership, season pass, or regular Gardens and Grounds Admission ticket, artists are also welcome to make art outdoors at Boscobel on other dates we are open to the public. Already have an Artist Pass? Register for upcoming dates here.
(Autumn marsh photo below by Jamie Martorano.)