Gardens and Grounds Admission, including the Frances Stevens Reese Woodland Trail of Discovery
Friday - Monday, 10:00am-sunset
$12 Adult | $10 Senior | $6 Child (ages 5-18) | Free to healthcare workers, members, and children under age 5
Boscobel offers a limited number of tickets for outdoor access to 68 acres of our gardens and grounds, Enjoy a stroll or picnic on our Great Lawn, with Boscobel’s unparalleled view of the Hudson River, Constitution Marsh, and the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
Also on our grounds, the Frances Stevens Reese Woodland Trail of Discovery offers hikers a tranquil mile through the forest, with river views. (Please wear sturdy shoes and bring bug spray.) The Apple Orchard, Formal Garden, and Herb Garden feature fruit trees and plants prized by New Yorkers then and now. And the Hudson River School Artists Garden, with sculptures by Greg Wyatt, honors 19th-century painters who celebrated this region.
While you’re on the grounds (or at home!), enjoy our Virtual Tour of Boscobel.
To ensure safety, we have established new protocols that support public health guidelines.
- Advance reservations are required. Please book tickets via the button on this page. (Healthcare workers, please continue to make your reservations for free respite visits by reaching out to Ed Glisson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Boscobel members wishing to visit the grounds outside our public hours may do the same.)
- During the reservation process, guests must provide contact and automobile details so that we can identify you upon arrival. (This ensures that we know who is on the premises. Per New York State guidelines, a limited number of visitors may be on the grounds at any given time.)
- Guests must check in at the gate upon arrival and display their printed admissions pass.
- The grounds, gardens, and Woodland Trail will be open.
- All buildings are closed to the public, with the exception of the ADA/family bathroom outside the Visitor Center.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Guests must maintain at least six feet of space between themselves and anyone (including other guests and our staff) not in their own household.
- Picnicking is welcome; guests must carry out everything that they carry in.
- Pets are not permitted at Boscobel.
- Boscobel staff are performing critical maintenance and security functions on the grounds. Please give them plenty of space so they may work without fear of personal contact.
SEASON PASS, LIBRARY PASS, ARTIST PASS
In addition to daily grounds tickets, guests may purchase a Season Pass, which grants admission to our property—including gallery exhibitions as scheduled—for 1-4 visitors every day Boscobel is open to the public.
Boscobel offers all local libraries the opportunity to join our Library Pass Program. Please check with your local library to inquire about its participation in the program. Library representatives may purchase a pass HERE. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach us at 845-265-3638 or via our Contact page.
With a free Artist Pass, artists are welcome to engage in active art-making on Boscobel’s grounds on select dates each month. Simply sign up with the button above, and you will receive email notification about upcoming Artist Pass dates. With the purchase of a membership or regular Gardens and Grounds Admission ticket, artists are also welcome to make art outdoors at Boscobel on other dates we are open to the public.
(Autumn marsh photo below by Jamie Martorano.)