Welcome to Boscobel! We are so excited to have you visit “everyone’s home on the Hudson.” Just a few reminders to make your visit as comfortable as possible:
- Boscobel welcomes visitors of any race, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, or other self-defined difference.
- All guests must check in at our Visitor Center and have a sticker while on-site.
- Pets are not permitted. Certified service dogs are allowed.
- Picnicking is encouraged, but we are a carry-in/carry-out site. Please take all debris with you including ice, which damages our grass.
- No consumption of alcohol at any time other than sanctioned events.
- Daily parking is included in your admission ticket for public hours only; no overnight parking is allowed.
- All natural, cultural, and historical resources are protected and may not be picked, removed, or disturbed.
- Please use headphones for enjoying music. Loud amplification is not permitted without Boscobel approval.
- Absolutely no smoking.
- Fireworks, candles, BBQs, or other fire hazards (other than Boscobel-approved warming devices) are prohibited.
- Drones and other flying objects (including kites, frisbees, balls, etc.) are not allowed.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, hoverboards and other rolling apparati are not permitted at Boscobel unless they are pre-approved as part of a Boscobel sponsored event.
- We encourage our visitors to explore our beautiful property and trails. Please be aware of natural hazards like uneven surfaces, branches, wild animals, poison ivy, ticks and other insects, snakes, etc.
- Boscobel organizes and hosts many events throughout the year. These, along with site maintenance, site improvements, and weather conditions, may impact the appearance of our site and access to certain site areas.
Boscobel has the right and responsibility to protect its site, staff, volunteers, and visitors, and may deny site access to any one at any time based on safety, security, or operational needs. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Please take and share personal photography with us and we may post with attribution on our website or social media! Tag us on Instagram @boscobelhg and #onlyatboscobel. Boscobel reserves the right to take and publish photography taken on its site during public hours; we do not identify guests without prior approval. If guests prefer to be omitted from published images, they may make a request to our Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional photography or filming (weddings, family/holiday portraits, etc.) must be approved and a permit obtained/approved/paid for in advance. Permits are granted at the discretion of management. Please be aware that if you appear to be taking photographs or filming for commercial use, you will be approached by a member of our staff to confirm prior approval. Please contact us for more information.