Boscobel Summer Camp
AUGUST 21-25 | 9AM - 3PM
$350 for the week
This August Boscobel welcomes children in grades 3-5 to spend a week of summer exploring history, nature and design at Boscobel. Join us for our Travel Through Time Summer Camp!
Campers will be immersed in hands-on activities that demonstrate the daily life of 19th-century children. Campers will explore Hudson River landscapes and ecosystems, play 19th-century games and crafts, and learn about the local historical events that would have impacted children in New York during the Revolution and early days of America.
Boscobel Summer Camp is led by Boscobel House and Garden’s talented educators who are here to enrich your child’s summer with educational fun and interactive history. Travel Through Time Summer Camp is open to all children with a sense of adventure. We encourage early enrollment, as camp space is limited and enrolls on a first-come, first-served basis. Campers bring their own snack and lunch, water and sunscreen.
Activities Throughout the Week:
- Historic House Tour
- Quill Writing
- Candle Dipping
- Interactive American Revolution in the Hudson Valley Program
- Hudson River Landscape Drawing
- Neoclassical Architecture and Federal Period Design
- Early 19th-Century Pottery
- Hiking our Woodland Trails
- Exploring the Constitution Marsh
- Learning and Observing Local Animal Species
- Gardening in our Federal Period Herb Garden with the Philipstown Garden Club
Other fun activities on the summer schedule:
- 19th-Century Children’s Games
- Arts & Crafts